BJ-1 "CrackerJack" (1x LBX10, 1x ERLLas, 2x MLas, 1x JJ, XL225)

Thread in 'BJ-1' started by Virlutris, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Virlutris

Virlutris Junior Member

Named for the loud "crack" boom of the IS LBX10.

Why'd I build it? Well, because. :D

It's a little more range-y than the BoomJack, which BTW I enjoy to no end. Allows you to engage sooner and do max damage sooner with the big weapons.

Hit them with the ERLLas as soon as you see them, and keep hitting them as often as possible. LBX10 for crits as opportunity presents itself, or as often as you want, really. MLas for back up, close range, and melting more armor.

LBX10 has quicker ROF, faster projectile speed, longer max range, and runs cooler than the totally face-wrecking BoomJack's AC20, so you can hit opponents sooner and more often. When/if you run modules, Target Info Gathering helps you quickly identify enemy mechs with open internal structure, which is the real reason you're bringing the LBX10. You're not just wounding them, you're specifically hunting the wounded.

1xJJ for maneuvering, because otherwise why use the BJ-1 instead of the DC? Armor savings from legs because I engage with it from outside the brawl, and because much like my Jagers, folks don't seem to prioritize legs in PUGs. Allocate armor as you like.

TL,DR: Burn off armor with lasers, prioritize mechs with open components, enjoy the sweet-sounding crack of the shotgun. Lulz :headphone:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast