Banshee Club of 1000+

Thread in 'Banshee' started by Falconium, Mar 20, 2014.

1. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

Banshee 3E , 3 large laser , 3 AC5 , 6T of ammo

[​IMG]

2. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Was playing my SRM6 Griffin for all my drops today... then I jumped into my banshee for one round... This mech cracks me up. :cool: Too many 1000+ games to upload lol

[​IMG]

3. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

Got it with a flak Banshee.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent 'mech.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  4. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

[​IMG]

5. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

This match was actually very good, as both teams faced each other straight off, instead of trying to wait out the match in a fight for center. Our team flanked left, their team went straight in, but then pulled right out to hit us on our flank. We almost missed them due to the amount of ECM they had, but not quite. ;)

A good brawl, with good performances on both sides. We were just a bit down on weight, ECM, and frankly, numbers, as we started 1 down, and our Misery . . . well, I honestly don't know what happened to him! :rofl:

In any case, here's the end result, which was a loss for our team, but a win for me damage-wise. I wasn't carrying any consumables with me (sadly, as we might have won had I been able to keep up a more constant rate of fire by popping a Cool-Shot or two). Oh well. :)
    [​IMG]

Same build as always: 2xAC5, 2xAC2, 4xML, STD300. What was unique about this match I think, and which enabled me to do well even with the heat, was that I barely EVER fired the lasers this time. I realized it would be a hot brawl, and that sustained DPS was going to be more necessary for me than instant damage, so I pretty much ignored the laser weapon groups. And it seemed to work fairly well. ;)

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Same build as Falco's, but with a STD325.

Highest kills game for me to date!

[​IMG]

7. Skaod

Skaod New Member

Wish I had known this thread existed earlier. Had a 1500dmg game a couple nights ago.

Got this earlier tonight.

[​IMG]

8. Falconium

Nothing too special, but a good match all the same. Didn't use any strikes, though I can't say for certain whether or not I popped a coolshot. But anyway. ;)

[​IMG]

Using SubjectSeven's Badaboom build, because XL Engines DO work. ;) :p :rofl:

(And for the record, I would have had an extra kill, plus ~30-50 damage, had my own team not capped the enemy point. I had that Spider right in the palms of my giant metal hands, but my team-mates refused to stop capping so I could kill him. Life is cruel . . . *sigh* :mellow:)

9. L3golas

L3golas New Member

Faction tournament game.

[​IMG]

10. Malgron

Malgron New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No airstrikes or artillery in either game. 3x AC5 + 2 LPLas.

11. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

I finally found a build that can crack 1000 damage fairly easily with a non-3E variant.

BNC-3S "Titan's Fist"

No strikes. No coolshot. Half basic'd.
    [​IMG]

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

3M submission :rofl:

[​IMG]

13. Falconium

VERY nice, Solahma! You've made us all proud. :)

14. Falconium

Well, here's a few matches I had over the past couple of days.

[​IMG]
    First off is a match in the 3E, running S7's "Badaboom" build with the XL375. That speed is awesome, and the DPS and Heat Efficiency are both great on the build as well, so I just keep running it! (And yeah, I used an Arty Strike. The match was too close not to! ;) :rofl:)

[​IMG]
    Then there's this one, in the 3S variant, running my "BOOM-Banshee". Highlight of the match: chain-firing my 2 PPCs at a DDC Atlas 600 meters away, to keep his ECM off so my LRM pals could target him. (And yeah, I used an Arty there as well. :p)

[​IMG]
    And last-but-not-least, I finally managed to pull 1000+ damage in the 3M Banshee variant, running the "Malevolence" setup! Woot-woot! :rofl: Normally in the past, I always found it too hot to manage more than 8-900 in the thing; but this match was special I guess, as even on the second-hottest map in the game, I did just fine! :cool: (Again, did use an Arty though; dropped it on the head of an Atlas-DDC who was covering the enemy team's push with his ECM. He stopped his rush, though, when he saw that red smoke in his face! :p)

So yeah, three 1000+ matches within days of each other, 1 in each of the 3 standard Banshee variants. (I never bought the Malinche, and I probably never will!) The last two barely cut it, and had I not used Strikes in those matches, none of them may have passed the 1000-damage mark; but I did, and they did, so . . . I'm satisfied! :p ;) :rofl:

15. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

16. SuicidalBaby

17. SuicidalBaby

18. Falconium

No strikes

[​IMG]

Running my latest, "New Kid" build:

19. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

Double header tonight, both using the "Superiority" build with one less DHS and one more ton of AC/5 ammo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great 'mech.

20. Arkonus

Arkonus New Member

3M, no consumables, and because the match maker hates me I was on the losing team.

[​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast