Banshee Club of 1000+

Thread in 'Banshee' started by Falconium, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Guess I'll go ahead and start this. Don't forget to describe or post what build it was with, as well as whether or not you used any Art/Air Strikes. ;)

Got this one tonight. My first 1000+ so far in a Banshee, and it was without any Arty- or Air-Strikes, or any other type of consumable. I barely made it past the mark before I died, but I did make it! And it was enough to get me my last Basic for the 'Mech too! :rofl:

I know there's some even better scores out there already, so let's see 'em! :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I didn't have a single Uac jam and yes, both strikes + coolent on Frozen City.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

During the weekend tourney. Just chasing after the last 3 mechs (LRM stalkers :mellow:) with my last MLas and 18% LOL

In Howling Banshee variation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Nice man!

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

wow, first Banshee, still not even elited and already 1K+. Damn this Mech is awesome!

[​IMG]

(2x AC5, 1x AC2, 1x LLas, 2x MLas)

Unfortunately we lost, because they used endless Arties.. damn suckers! But at least at the end i could take down their 1K+ Guy 1v1 close range - Zombiemode with a Headlaser! :rofl:, before i was cored from behind.

7. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

Every single one of these is a 3E. :mellow:

8. Falconium

Protoform, that is a very good point, which has not escaped me either. THIS MUST BE CHANGED!

Got a 3M build I think should be able to take it; had a run in it the other day and got just under 800, with no strikes involved. I will have to run it more regularly, as I'm certain it has the potential to make 1000; it just needs the opportunity. ;)

9. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Gave up on my 3M :mellow:
    Basics then sold... couldn't get into a good groove with it or find a build I liked... my BLR-1G does nearly everything the BNC-3M can, so it's a redundant mech for me at least. Maybe I'll revisit some day, but no day soon. Too many other mechs to get into. BNC-3S might be the next to go :( but i'm giving that one more time.

Honestly, there is no comparison of efficiency when comparing ballistic weapons to anything else. That's why it's so easy to see 1000+ games with the 3E. It's also why the most effective heavies and assaults usually have at least 2 ballistic slots...

10. Sassafras

Yeap, I haven't finished my Basics on the 3M yet, but it will likely be shitcanned as soon as I'm done. I'll probably get rid of the 3S if and when I need the mechbay, though the addition of the free mechbay last weekend has delayed its execution for a while.

11. Sassafras

Decided to play a quick game before heading to work this morning, running the BNC-3E AC5 Punch build (2x LLas, 3x AC5, STD325)

[​IMG]

Was only carrying 7 tons of ammo, and ran out way before the end. Died trying to hold off a BNC-3S and BNC-3M with my remaining 2 LLas.

12. Neograf

Neograf New Member

Ok, someone complained about only 3Es being present here ;)
    This happened while leveling up my 3S
    No consumables used, just Imp. Seismic and Target Decay.

[​IMG]

13. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Very well done Neograf! I was considering a similar build to that as well

14. Duncan Aravain

Duncan Aravain New Member

3E Banshee is a great mech to run; here's one of my many 1000+ matches. Note the PGI kill, strangely satisfying:

[​IMG]

Standard AC5 Punch build (3xAC5,210 ammo,2x LL) No consumables.

15. Strychnine

Strychnine Active Member

[​IMG]

The old 3 x AC5 2 x LLas build :) No consumables.

16. Falconium

Was a good match, though our team lacked a bit in weight (trial Victors don't count). I used one arty, but no other consumables.

[​IMG]

I know, most people think STD300 is too slow, but it does work. The PUGs were so scared, I ended up sitting on the front lines of our team anyway!

17. Strychnine

Strychnine Active Member

[​IMG]

Same build as before. No arty/air strikes

18. Falconium

Another good run in the 3E: 2xAC5, 2xAC2, and 4xMLas, with a STD300. No strikes, no coolant --- though advanced-seismic came in handy. :)

[​IMG]

Here's a video of the match. 'Twas a good one, though I tended to use my Lasers a bit too often, thus wasting precious heat! :)

19. Sassafras

Another one in the 3xAC5 + 2xLLas. Can't afford consumables since I still have to save up for the BNC-3S.

[​IMG]

Somehow survived with no ammo and only one leg against an almost cored Stalker (dark orange CT armor), a nearly fresh Cataphract 3D (mostly yellow and orange armor), and a cored Victor (bright red CT internals). I think the Phract was trying to leg me but kept hitting my destroyed leg.

[​IMG]

20. oOmeinereinerOo

oOmeinereinerOo New Member

had no fun to level this chassis because imho only the 3E is a real killer machine. But this mech and config is one of my absolute favorites now. No consumables - just pure manual devastation:

[​IMG]

XL380, 3AC2, LBX, 2ML, AMS

See you on the battlefield!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast