AWS-9M "ER-PPCs Suck" (3x ERLL, 3x MPL, AMS, XL350)

Thread in 'AWS-9M' started by Eugee, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Eugee

Eugee Active Member

I have wanted to like IS ER PPCs for a long time. But they suck. Too much heat for not enough punch. I ran my 9M with 3 ER PPCs, 3 SLs and 22 DHS for a long time. It worked, but it was too much heat for not enough damage, and required chain-firing to be keep from overheating in 2-3 volleys. Switching to regular PPCs helped a little, but then it was neutered at point blank range, where it should be deadly. So I switched to 3x LPL, and fell in love instantly. The drastically reduced range hurt, but the pinpoint damage and ability to fire much longer without overheating was worth it. As the SLs became redundant I switched them to an AMS.

Then I started thinking about it, and an ER LL + MPL is the same tonnage. So I swapped out again to 3x ER LL, and 3x MPL. After spending one night playing it, this is my build. The ER LLs can reach out and punch someone over and over, and when they close you can just add the MPLs to the volley--with 22 DHS, you can fire both for quite awhile, and when the computer is screaming about the heat and the barrels are sizzling, you can still fire the MPLs pretty much forever. The 350XL is enough speed to keep decent position with the heavies, and you even have an AMS to help contribute to the anti-LRM umbrella.

Aylek likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast