AWS-8R "Wooosh!" (4xLRM15+A, 2xML, TAG, XL300)
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by FuzzyBunny, Mar 15, 2013.

1. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Back in broken LRM days I one shot a fully healthy cicada once while on Caustic with this very build.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Something with hit-registration limit/issue about how it would only process up to 20 hits on each mech at one time I think.

Not sure if it is true. But it does seem that the game I spam chain-fired LRM15 and it seems to do more damage on the same map than doing full LRM45/LRM60 hits. Would +A be part of the issue?

I am running without +A.

3. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Artemis only comes into effect if you keep line of sight on the target.

4. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

1st round, no modules, not 1 basic skill, 1162 damage

love it, 5 stars =)

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

5/5,
    The most logical build for this Mech. It was THE inspiration for me to create some very similar builds. Thx a lot Fuzzy! I gave the Concept now 5 of 5 Stars since it get's buffed by the new Quirk System! So now the Heat Efficiency Problem is manageable NOW!

Here is the Ultimate Ammo Edition:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Rosinante likes this.
  6. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I am back to 3x LRM15+A, 2 MLas , TAG and BAP with 12 tons of ammo. Don't know which engine I am using ( on my mobile atm), but should be a 260ish sized one.

This amount of ammo is definitely needed with the quirks on the 8R if you're using the LRM15 cool down module as well. Went through all of my 2160 missiles in less than 8 minutes on River City yesterday. 1350m range for the LRMs is sick by the way.

7. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

1350? Damn, Caustic and Alpine just got more dangerous. :p

8. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Jup. 8R's quirks combined with the LRM15 range module.

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

...and if you still run out Ammo then go for the Ultimate Ultimatum Edition:

LRM15 Quirks:
    LRM/15 Cooldown+25%
    Missile Weapon Cooldown+12.5%
    LRM/15 Range+25%
    Missile Weapon Range+12.5%
    Missile Weapon Heat Generation-15%

10. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Quirks made this thing into a walking monster.

A few games afther the patch I got this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only quirks, no weapon modules yet. If you have ONE narcing light mech assisting you, you can pretty much turn the tides of a game
    on your own. Just like Aylek, I dropped one LRM15 and filled up the free tonnage and space with Ammo, because 4xLRM 15 just burned
    through 1440 missiles way too fast and generate too much heat imho. Now I'm at ~2340 Missiles and still manage to burn them over
    the course of a game even without modules. But the results are devastating, I love it. Might even be a little overpowered.

11. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I think this build was a bit better before ghost heat. Even still, I don't know of any other Mech that can do LRM60 in one big fwoosh (well, besides a Catapult that will be stretching its capabilities), which will get more missiles through AMS than a lower alpha.

12. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Could be hit reg issues. I know its quite often, depending on patch, that I'll hit with a huge alpha for negligable result.

13. jarjardude01

jarjardude01 New Member

Hey everyone, i have a really esy to use, OP LRM support loadout that can get you a whole buck ton of damage in a single click, so here we go.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  14. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Welcome to mechspecs:

1) Please follow naming convention
    AWS-8R "Air Strike Awesome" (4x LRM15+A, 3x ML, BAP, STD210)
    2) Please add "s" behind http, that would translate the smurfy to the correct format

Personally i think there is no point in doing the build this way, you can easily add endo to the build and give it a much better engine with the same or more DHS. Either that or go XL since you are a LRM boat anyways.

This is far from OP, but it is all good if you enjoy it. If you want some LRM with some shooting you can try this:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  15. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Smurfy Repair Team Report: Clerical Error Fixed, Mech Loadout System Error Fixed. Notes: Even after 3 years here, I still see pilots not able to read the FAQ myself and others have made for the new pilots here. It's a shame, because then they have to be told by the nice Frenchman how to do things properly. It's a waste of my time and his, but at least we get something to do while the servers are busy.

Gneckes31 likes this.
  16. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

He messaged me and I walked him through how to fix it, and included a link to the FAQ. he must have signed off before he read it.

17. jarjardude01

jarjardude01 New Member

*embarrased* i'm soooo sorry, i'm not really a techie and this has cleared this up, i'm sorry if i caused any annoyence. i did read th FAQ but, i didn't really catch on, thanks for all the help u guys have given me and has definatly opened my eyes to the errors! hope you all have a good week and GL in future battles :sorry::shamefullyembarrased:

The Verge likes this.
  18. epikt

epikt Benefactor

About the mech:

1/ Trade the head laser for a TAG.

2/ Too slow, much too slow.
    An LRM-boat must be fast enough to keep up the team's pace, this is not a turret! Or just enjoy your death in the hand of a random light.
    (not to mention if you're going to do mainly indirect fire support the Artemis is useless)

Protip: upgrading to endo-steel allows you to upgrade the engine to an STD 255, without any other change on the build. This is still slow, but less slow.

3/ Also, not enough ammo.

4/ duplicate :rolleyes:

PyckenZot and anonymized1 like this.
  19. jarjardude01

jarjardude01 New Member

i don't find the speed to be a problem, tho, there needs to be more ammo, but really, the 2 ML are 4 self defence if a light mech is harrasing our group, or even taking down near - death enemy mechs

20. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Just so you know a slow turning assault with 2-3 ML is no threat to any light pilot worth his DHS.
    If you don't want to spend cbills at least slap on an XL280.
    A slow and lonely LRM boat is in fact prime target for lights.
    You need some speed to catch up with your group anyways if you were to use your ML, or you would be lagging behind as a target, or worse slowing them down.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    anonymized1 likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast