AWS-8R "The Big Taim" (2xMRM40, 2xRL20, 2xMPL, ISTC II, LE300)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by Erik Demoses, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Erik Demoses

Erik Demoses New Member

The Big Taim don't care about your meta, The Big Taim has a surprise for you.

I really like the new MRM 40s and was trying to figure out a revamp for my old 8R, but I also didn't like leaving the 2 extra slots open and replacing them with MRM 10s didn't feel right. Enter the RL20s... having 2 of them and the instant splat 80 burst just works. A lot of assaults will see your wide torso and push you hard, so kick it up a notch with a 172 alpha to the face. Albeit this is a one time thing, but that should either end them or have them thinking twice. MPLs are to scare off smaller mechs and for pinpoint when you need it. I threw in a TCII because I like the quicker info and increased crit chance.

My groupings are:
    1: MRM40 (left)
    2: MRM40 (right)
    3: MPLx2
    4: RL20x2

Keep them at range with the 40s, alternating fire to prevent ghost heat. RL20s on the first big boy to give you trouble up close (remember the 50m min). MPLs when you need pinpoint.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Erik Demoses

Erik Demoses New Member

Had a lot of fun this game, my mate running a similar build beat me by 89...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Falconium likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I like the concept, just note that tc2 does not improve missile crit chances! BAP and/or a head MPL may be a more worthwhile investment due to better pinpoint and/or better targeting bonuses!

Erik Demoses likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast