AWS-8Q "El Diablo" (3x PPC, 3x MLas, STD300)

Thread in 'AWS-8Q' started by nimdabew, Apr 23, 2014.

1. nimdabew

nimdabew Junior Member

I am very surprised I haven't seen this on here yet. It is a classic triple PPC build with some MLas to back it up when the enemy gets too close. Chain fire the PPCs and use the MLas sparingly. I get around 400-600 DMG games if I play the back field and do fire support. When I try to tank, the damage goes down, but kills sometime go up.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Been running Awesomes for a while now and they are fragile, no doubt about that. But you can have some solid good fun in them still. There's no reason to be afraid of running three PPC's in chain fire, the heat is manageable. I run the 9M with three PPC's, three MLAS or three SSRM's together with a XL385 for hit and fade fire support.

It's huge fun to whip three beams and then three more in a fire suppression against a group of foes. Most go cautious, key is to play like a fragile light. Move, move and move again.

A STD does make you able to survive longer and may be viable on this chassi since the top engine rating is low anyways.

I like the build and see few improvements, however, any person wanting to try the Awesomes should be aware that they are the most fragile assault of all. It's more of a heavy in fact but for that CT with a 102 pts to be shared front and back.

3. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

You have 18 slots free. You can pick up Endo-Steel and that frees up 4 tons, although you only have 4 slots left.

This is a bit under weight, but it has everything in the original build plus AMS, 1 ton of ammo, BAP (because I only had 2 slots left at this point) and I maxed the leg armor.

Alternatively, you can add a DHS and up the armor. You'll be about 2 1/2 tons underweight, but you have more equipped than this build, so it's still better optimized.

Of course, there's the option of exchanging the MLs for MPLs and adding a DHS, which turns it into this build:
    https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/aws-8q-pimp-my-trial-3x-ppc-3x-mplas-std300.815/

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast