Casual ASN-21 "Starscream" (2x ERSL, 4x SRM4, 4x JJ, XL300) +Alt
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'ASN-21' started by Necroledo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Necroledo

Necroledo New Member

Hello everyone! This is my first build, I hope it contributes a bit to the site.

I wanted to design a variation of the classic 4x SRM4 build that makes use of those Energy hardpoints and JJ's as much as possible. This is the build I came up with in-game, and it's quite effective and fun to play. The ERSL's give some extra range and their short beam duration allows for fast hit-and-run attacks better than the stock ML. Its main drawback is that it's limited in ammo, so here's an alternate build with a smaller engine to cram more shots:

Still quite fast, but it now has 4 tons of ammo instead of 2'5. I might try this alternate build myself once I save enough credits for the engine (I already owned a XL300 when I bough the 'Mech).

2. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

I was just playing with the same chassis and came up with something similar, so I'll put it here. A little more oomph. Less JJ's.

3. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

Lighter on the armor, but more cooling and ammo

4. Evvo

Evvo Well-Known Member

5/5,
    Straightforward build for the 21. Very agile plus jumpjets to fire from new angles. Build is mainly SRM boat and the lasers an addition. I would buff up the ammo just by lowering engine rating and dropping a jj. Decent heat level. I'd say playing continously repositioning and firing your salvo suits the assassin very well
    Highest dmg achieved after a few games: 960

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast