AS7-S "Lineman Mk II" (2x LLas, 4x SRM4, 2x MLas, 1x UAC5, STD 350)

Thread in 'AS7-S' started by Karl TenBrew, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

My second take on not being useless past 300m while still smacking things really hard when the tackle happens. The goal is still to burn ammo efficiently. AC-20 velocity is nice, but not enough to make me want to AC-20...SRM-4 quirks on the other hand make chain SRM4 fire extremely good. Only reason there are even five weapon groups is because I really don't like pairing lasers on opposite sides of a mech:
    1) LA LL
    2) RA LL
    3) UAC5
    4) SRM4s (chain)
    5) MLs

In my original build, I just sort of slapped things that looked good together...it technically worked, but it was just a little too mixed and quite a bit too hot even after considering you're not firing all the things together. It also had two core identity flaws:
    1) It certainly lumbered, but it couldn't lumber WELL, which kills the theme.
    2) It's the lineman, not the Quarterback. All that sensor range is cute, but it's not firepower. The targeting info is also really sweet, but...I'll try it somewhere else.

As much as I hate losing sensors and indirect fire, this version trims off the key problems. It has much better sustained AND burst damage, it is much more nimble, and I've both had fun dropping in it and done well in it.

Alternate "You can take my LRMS, but you'll never take my sensors!" version (but seriously, you should run w/ the 350):

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast