Casual ANH-1A "Funfzig" (1xAC20 3xAC10 LE265)

Thread in 'ANH-1A' started by Excalibaard, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Ammo is low, more of a troll solaris build that gets mega rekt in solaris due to heat.
    It has no home, be kind pls.

2. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

I fiddled a bit more than I probably should have, and came up with this:

I'm sorry, it's not really the same build - it doesn't have any of the same weapons as what you posted. I had to go with LB 10-X to get two of them to fit in the left torso, but that means you miss out on the juicy CD perk. It does save you three tons and three spaces, and with the 4 spaces you save by using a standard engine suddenly you've got room for Endo-Steel. As for the UAC/20? Personal preference I suppose, but I think the reduced heat cost of the LBX/10 means you can afford the UAC. If not you could always just switch it to a AC/20 and go up to a STD-290 engine.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  3. Excalibaard

The main reason I came up with it is 50 pts of direct pure single shot alpha without a charge up time (and realising how stupid difficult it is to get with conventional weapons). Simply took the first ANH i saw without realising the quirks.

I like the open-and-crit idea of UAC20 with lbx10s, though Ultra 20s have rarely been kind to me in terma of jamming and heat.

4. anamiac

True that. Clan weapons are even worse on the ghost heat (max AC/10 style weapons is 2 instead of 3). Still, it might be possible to get 50 on a dire wolf:

Who cares about weapon cooldowns? Just hold down all the buttons and see what happens.

Excalibaard likes this.
  5. Excalibaard

cAC10s are an odd duck that barely have any ghost heat, can easily fire 4 of them at the same time (not to be confused with cUAC10 which are unforgiving)

6. anamiac

Oh, I see... so something like this might be totally viable, since it's alpha is only producing .36 ghost heat?

Although I the UAC/20 isn't pinpoint, is it? To get your 50 you'd have to swap it out for a cAC/20 which would have to go in the left arm.

Alternatively, if 40 is good enough you could create a Kodiak with an XL400 engine and 4xcAC/10 all in the torso - strip the arms.

7. Excalibaard

none of the clan autocannons are truly pinpoints (cAC10 has same amount of shells as cUAC10), but something like that is probably really viable, yes :)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast