Anansi "Mad Bomber" (1x SRM6, 2x ML, 1x JJ, XL270) + variants

Thread in 'Anansi' started by Remarius, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

This is derived from Durandel's https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/sdr-a-rattatatta-1x-srm6-2x-mplas-1x-jj-xl270.6780/ build and my discussions with Lord Auriel and Auriga on that thread. The primary weapon is still the SRM 6 but both MPL are changed to ML to take advantage of the new 15% ML Cooldown and Range Bonuses. The saved weight goes into an extra ton of SRM ammo which always was the main restriction of the build and an extra DHS to counter the heat from the cooldown bonus and the restriction on heat dissipation while in the air.

Alternate variants:

- swap the extra DHS for ammo if your heat is ok for sustained fire but you're still short of ammo;
    - swap the extra DHS for an AMS with 0.5 tons ammo (1,000 rnds with the improved IS amounts) if your heat is ok for sustained fire and you have no ammo problems;
    - slightly more radical use the extra ton of ammo/DHS to add 2 AMS and 1 ton AMS ammo;
    - swap the extra DHS for 2 more jump jets to improve mobility in the air.

2. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

compare this to:

The commando has tighter turn radius and better hit boxes, even if it's a tad slower.

Or this:

IMHO if you 're sacrificing the MGs on the anansi you're giving away what makes it unique, that being a finisher / kill stealer

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

You've lost me on those ... no jump jets for a start, less heat sinks despite running MPL over ML and slower. It plays very differently. The only Ananasi quirks are ML based. Two MG's on a light is fairly irrelevant as an Ember will do that job far better and an Ananasi will have almost no damage capability if you mount them in preference to other armament.

No exploiting and using the MG macro isn't a good justification for them.

4. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

okay let me explain

the 1JJ is what I was using when I put 2 MPlas on the Anansi, but that was kind of meh...
    The Medium lasers got about 33% better firing rate with the module, which is still bad because 2 MLas provide puny firepower to begin with.. the 2 MGs on the other hand are very powerful and crit legs away on a regular basis. The advantage over the ember here is that the anansi has the MGs in the arms which is nice if you have the high ground (JJs...) - I don't like the Ember at all and I have had about 300 matches in it; I don't find 4MGs crit that much more often than 2.....

Also the plingpling of the MGs is VERY distracting for the enemy

For me there are now basically 2 versions: SRM6 / Mg / Mlas / 3jj, and SRM4 / MGs /Mlas / 4jj

The SRM6 fires really slow though but it's devastating if you hug your targets

What I suggest is using an XL255, that enables you to have ALL weapons AND more JJ, in exchange for 9kph!

PS Both the Gauss no-charge-macro thing and the MG macro are cheats, there's no excuse for using those.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast