Anansi "Atrax Robustus" (1x SRM6, 2x MLas, 2x MG, 2x JJ, XL270)

Thread in 'Anansi' started by lord_auriel, Sep 27, 2014.

1. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

UPDATED: -1 JJ, +MG ammo

At
    the beginning of the match, stay in cover, deploy the UAV, and use the MLas to harass targets. When the battle heats up and enemy players start engaging team mates, jump in, hug targets and make use of the SRM6 - and get out of there in a heartbeat. I use this as a striker and it works VERY well for me although I am not that good a player to begin with, and this variant is especially twitchy, exciting and a demanding experience - but very rewarding too.

UPDATE: Use XL255, get more MG ammo and more JJ. Also the SRM4 is a different playstyle.

You can do the same with SRM6 of course ( I personally stick with this now, it hits so HARD but needs good timing)

This 'Mech only started to show its potential once I got Elite skills - without the double perks effect it's not mobile enough to shine.. now it's my favorite spider. It's SO MUCH FUN!

Half a ton of machine gun ammo and 2 tons of SRM ammo are enough to wreak havoc.

No AMS? Because imho there's not enough tonnage to play around with that and still pack a punch.

All in all I think this is the most balanced approach for this 'mech.. max engine, enough ammo for high damage battles, enough range with the MLas and scary super-close-range alpha. No unused weapon hardpoints either.
    It has only 5 points of armor in the head and so far this hasn't been an issue for me, but PPCs might pose a looming threat.

Recommended modules:

- Medium Laser range
    - Medium Laser Cooldwn
    - SRM4/6 cooldown
    - Radar Deprivation
    - UAV

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  2. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

updated. With the XL255 it's en par with the Wolfbane build - srm6 and ML or srm4 and MPlas, a matter of taste

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast